We have a very close relationship with The Vineyard Community Centre. They make a great difference in our community, by welcoming up to 35 people each day to their morning drop in. Many of these people are homeless or sleeping rough.
But the Vineyard always provides a meal at morning drop-in and this Christmas, they will be providing a Christmas lunch for their visitors. The Vineyard Community Centre is not run for profit, so they need all the donations they can get in order to provide valuable support and continue their work in the local community.
This Christmas, they not only want to provide a Christmas lunch, but the practical support of a new sleeping bag, tent or Case Worker. They also run a food bank and this Christmas, they would like to add a little festive cheer to their food parcels.
In order to achieve all of this, they are raising money by putting on two Christmas Carol events:
Handel’s Messiah (selected highlights) with the Elysian Singers and Players of London, at St Peter’s Church in Petersham on Sunday 8th December at 6pm. Tickets are £15 (Box Office number: 07795 230 208)
Christmas Tunes & Fairy Tales by the Richmond Symphonic Concert Band, conducted by Tom Higgins, at the Vineyard Life Church on Sunday 8th December, 7.30-9.30pm. Tickets are £15 and available here.
You can help in a variety of ways:
- Drop your spare change into our collection tin at reception, next time you have an appointment.
- Text LUKE15 with any amount up to £10 to 70070.
- Visit their online page to donate here.
- Buy a ticket for one their Christmas Carol Concerts.
- Visit the Community Café.
- Clear our your kitchen cupboards and take a box to the Vineyard
- Drop off men’s clothing – jackets, jeans, shirts, trainers – for guests. If its easier for you to drop these items at the Forge while you have your appointment, please feel free to do so and we’ll take them to the Vineyard for you.
Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give.