This week is Migraine Awareness Week, 3rd – 9th September 2017. Migraines are one of the most serious disabling medical conditions according to the World Health Organisation. In the UK, around one in five women and one in twelve men suffer from them. Are you one of them?
Did you know? 4 facts about migraine
- Migraines can start in puberty but mostly affect people aged between 35 and 45 years.
- There are over 190,000 migraine attacks every day in the UK.1
- One of the most frequently cited health problems treated with alternative therapies is headaches.2
- Headache teaching is not on the curriculum for approximately 75% of the undergraduate medical schools in England.3
Find out more about migraines
- Read our fact sheet: What are migraines?
- Follow The Migraine Trust on Facebook and Twitter
- Visit The Migraine Trust’s YouTube channel
- Visit the Migraine Action website
Treating and relieving migraine
At The Forge Clinic, Richmond we specialise in a range of treatments, including acupuncture, cranial osteopathy, and chiropractic to treat and prevent migraines, headaches and all kinds of neck, back and joint pain. Osteopathy and physiotherapy can also help with headaches arising from neck pain and migraine prevention.
Cranial osteopathy is a more refined, subtle form of osteopathic treatment that helps to release stress and tension throughout the body, including the head.
Acupuncture for migraine is recommended by NICE (the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence), if medication is unsuitable or ineffective. A course of up to 10 sessions over a five to eight-week period is proven to be beneficial.
Evidence suggests that acupuncture treatment for acute migraine attacks or routine care is beneficial for at least 3 months, and that acupuncture is better than, or as effective as, prophylactic drug treatment.
10% off treatments to help relieve and prevent migraine this September*
To mark #migraineawarenessweek, we are offering a special discount of 10%* off any migraine treatment, including:
You simply need to book your appointment before 30th September 2017. For more information or to make an appointment please call us on 020 8332 6184, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can book online.
Please note that our treatments do not replace medical advice and treatment. If you have any concerns, please consult your GP.
*Terms and conditions:
- 10% off any migraine treatments.
- Discount to be redeemed by 30th September 2017
- Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Steiner TJ et al.The prevalence and disability burden of adult migraine in England and their relationships to age, gender and ethnicity. Cephalalgia. 2003;23(7):519-527.
- Astin J.Why patients use alternative medicine: results of a national study. JAMA 1998;279:1548-53.
- House of Commons. Headache Services in England. All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Headache Disorders. 2014.