All work undertaken for you at The Forge Clinic is subject to the following terms:
1. Level of service
We aim to provide a high level of service at all times. Accordingly we will endeavour to respond to your letters, e-mails and telephone calls within 24 hours at the latest and if we are unable to do so, we will advise you of a response time scale. We will at all times act in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Solicitors Code of Conduct as applicable at the date of this letter. We will agree the details of the service we will be giving and the fees in advance with you.
2. Our responsibilities
We will advise you as to the merits and risks presented by the health service you receive. Any assumptions or limitations will be clearly spelt out. If you ask us to do so, we will discuss the relevant documents with designated third parties on your behalf. We will keep all information relating to your health and personal details confidential unless we are obliged to disclose it by a government body. This might happen, for example, in insurance claims.
3. Your responsibilities
It is your responsibility to provide us with all relevant information concerning your health and to provide us with the information we ask for within the time frames requested as far as reasonably possible. We will rely on that information as being true, correct and complete.
Our fees are charged on a fixed fee basis, which we will agree with you before work starts. All prices are not subject to VAT at the current rate, in accordance with the VATA 1994 legislation.
The following will apply:-
• You will comply with any specific terms provided to you relating to the treatment.
• You will provide any information which we request promptly and in a clear and comprehensive manner.
• We will ask you for the total of the fixed fee just after the treatment. We will invoice you for the treatments on completion of the course of treatments, unless we agree otherwise.
• If your treatment is paid for by an insurance company, which we deal with directly we will invoice them and they will pay us the amount described in your policy. You will be responsible for the payment of any excess fixed by your insurance company.
Further work will not be undertaken if any fee remains outstanding beyond the 14 day period or such other settlement period that we agree on. We also reserve the right to terminate the engagement and cease acting if the account is unduly delayed in settlement. It is not our intention, however, to use these rights in a way which is unfair or unreasonable.
5. Buying services on-line
• Any appointment you reserve on line may be only used for personal use. The appointment may not be given to someone else or re-sold.
• The information and documents available on this Website are provided on an “as is” basis without any representations or endorsements made and without any warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for purpose, merchantability and accuracy.
• Advice contained in the Website is only summary guidance and therefore should not be relied on without obtaining medical advice for your specific circumstances and requirements. Accordingly, we will have no liability to you at all if you use any information or document without obtaining appropriate medical advice nor will we have any responsibility at all for any alterations made to the document after you have received it.
• Your right to cancel: The Forge Clinic has a 24hr cancellation policy. Past this time, you will be charged the total amount of the treatment you had booked.
By using the Website and the documents you agree that in no circumstance shall The Forge Clinic Limited be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of business or profits or any other financial loss, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Website or the documents, under any law or on any basis whatsoever whether contractual or otherwise, except in relation to death or personal injury for which no limit shall apply. In addition you agree that if, for any reason, The Forge Clinic Limited is liable for any damages, other than those for death or personal injury, the total liability of The Forge Clinic Limited shall be limited to the amount of the service purchased.
6. Communicating with you
We are most likely to use e-mail to communicate with you. As with other means of delivery, this carries with it the risk of inadvertent misdirection or non-delivery. You must carry out a virus check on attachments received.
Internet communications are capable of data corruption. It may therefore be inappropriate to rely on advice contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or problems that my arise through the use of internet communication and all risks connected with sending commercially sensitive information relating to you are borne by you. If you do not accept this risk, you should notify me in writing that e-mail is not an acceptable means of communication.
7. Professional Indemnity Insurance
As a clinic we are covered by professional indemnity insurance. All our practitioners are fully insured to carry out treatments.
8. Quality of Service
It is our aim to provide a high quality of service at all times. If at any time you would like to discuss with us how our service could be improved or if you are dissatisfied with the service you are receiving, please let us know in writing, letter or email, or by using the contact us or feedback page on the website. Should you not receive a satisfactory response from us with regards to your complaint you may also write to the General Osteopathic Council with a formal complaint and they will investigate the complaint on your behalf.
9. Other professionals
If requested, we may introduce you to other professional healthcare provider. In that event, the advice given to you by those consultants will be without any responsibility on our part and you will be responsible directly to them for the payment of all fees and expenses.
10. Agreement of terms
When you first come to see us, we will issue a document of Engagement which will set out the agreed fees and the matters to be advised on. You will be asked to sign this document on your first visit. Either party may terminate the document of Engagement at any time without penalty by letting the other know in writing. Fees incurred up to the date of termination will become payable in full at the date of termination.
11. Applicable law
The agreement between us and any non-contractual obligations is governed by English law and in the event of any dispute you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.